Flordis Ellura 15 CAP
Ellura is a natural medicine that helps to promote and maintain urinary tract health. This extract of cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon) has been shown to help prevent potentially harmful bacteria (E.coli) from sticking to urinary tract walls and effectively flush out the bacteria from the urinary tract to help promote urinary tract health. By helping to maintain a clean urinary tract, Ellura may help to reduce the frequency of recurrent cystitis (infection of the bladder) in women.
NOTE: BioCeuticals is a practitioner-only brand. Only patients who have completed an online questionnaire or consultation with us may have access to purchase BioCeuticals products on this site.
Symptoms of a recurring cystitis, that may be improved with Ellura, include:
- Frequent need to urinate, even when bladder is not full
- Pain or burning sensation on urination
- Urine that appears cloudy or discoloured
- Strong-smelling urine
- Lower abdominal pain
- Urinary incontinence
Ellura contains a specific extract of pure cranberry juice. The contents of each capsule is equivalent to the juice of 70g of fresh cranberry fruit, and is standardised to provide the recommended dose of 36mg of bioactive proanthocyanidins (PACs) in each capsule.
Due to this its PAC content, Ellura helps to stop bacterial (E. coli) adhesion in the urinary tract. The specific extract found in Ellura has been evaluated for its efficacy in a number of clinical trials.
Adults and children 12 years and over: 1 capsule daily, or as directed by your health care professional.
Children under 12 years: discuss dosage with your health care professional.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- If pain or irritation persist for more than 48 hours consults your healthcare professional.
- The presence of blood in the urine warrants immediate medical attention.
- Ellura may be given to children under the age of 12 years, but only under the guidance of a healthcare professional.
- Ellura capsules contain a specific extract of cranberry juice powder. However, the gelatin capsules are derived from fish, if you have a known allergy to fish or fish products, it is important to speak with your healthcare professional before taking Ellura.
- If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or taking other medications, please consult with your health professional.