Flordis Legalon 60 Capsules
NOTE: BioCeuticals is a practitioner-only brand. Only patients who have completed an online questionnaire or consultation with us may have access to purchase BioCeuticals products on this site.
Each capsule contains extract equivalent to dry:
Specific extract of Silybum marianum (Milk thistle) (MZ 80) 180 mg equiv. to dry fruit 7.2 g standardised
to silymarin 140 mg
Legalon(MZ 80) by Flordis has been shown to help maintain healthy liver function. Flordis Legalon contains the patented extract of Silybum marianum (Milk thistle) that was developed by the German herbal medicine manufacturer Madaus in 1968. It is a benchmark product and the majority of published clinical research on silymarin has used Legalon.
What is Legalon used for?
Legalon has been shown in clinical trials to support healthy liver function.Clinical trials have demonstrated that Legalon supports liver health by:
- Inhibiting the activation of inflammatory cells
- Inhibiting oxidative stress
- Inhibiting the activation of hepatic stellate cells that cause fibrosis
- Aids renewal of normal healthy liver cells “
Legalon contains a specific extract of Silybum marianum (MZ 80) that has been used in numerous clinical trials and is the benchmark silymarin product worldwide. Legalon capsules are produced using a patented process, resulting in a standardised product with excellent bioavailability.
Adults and adolescents 12 years and over: 1 capsule three times a day (ideally on empty stomach)
Once the desired therapeutic outcome is achieved, the dose may be reduced to 1 capsule twice daily for maintenance.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist, or the condition recurs, it is important to speak with a healthcare professional.
- Legalon is not recommended during pregnancy or lactation as there are no published studies to establish its safe use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding.
- Legalon can be taken on an empty stomach; this has the advantage of allowing the active agent, silymarin, to be more quickly absorbed into the body, therefore acting more rapidly and effectively. However, if you are experiencing any gastrointestinal problems, Legalon can be taken during or after meals.
- Not recommended for children under 12.
- Legalon is generally very well tolerated and no serious side effects have been recorded. In rare cases, a mild laxative action has been observed after taking Legalon. It is important to speak with a healthcare professional if you are concerned about possible side effects.