Oriental Botanicals – Livaclean 60 Tabs
Oriental Botanicals Livaclean contains milk thistle to support the health and natural detoxification mechanisms of the liver, combined with traditional Chinese liver herbs.
Oriental Botanicals Livaclean combines milk thistle with traditional Chinese herbs, including goji berries, bupleurum, schisandra and baical skullcap.
- Supports healthy liver function and the liver’s natural detoxification processes
- Strengthens the liver, based on traditional use of goji berry in TCM
- Supports healthy gallbladder function, based on traditional use of milk thistle in Western herbal medicine
- Helps maintain the secretion and flow of bile, based on traditional use of milk thistle in Western herbal medicine and citrus peel and bupleurum in TCM
- Assists in the digestion of fats consumed in the diet, based on traditional use of milk thistle in Western herbal medicine
- Relieves excessive belching and symptoms of indigestion, including nausea, abdominal distension (bloating), poor appetite and feelings of fullness, based on traditional use of citrus peel in TCM
- Regulates the flow of Qi or life force energy, based on traditional use of bupleurum and citrus peel in TCM
- Stimulates the movement of stagnant or congested Qi and relieve symptoms associated with liver stagnation such as irritability and premenstrual mood swings, based on traditional use of bupleurum in TCM
- Helps decrease free radicals formed in the body, which are a normal consequence of the body’s natural detoxification processes
How it works
Milk thistle supports healthy liver function
Milk thistle maintains healthy liver function, including supporting the liver’s natural detoxification mechanisms. It has antioxidant properties to help reduce free radical formation in the body (a natural by-product of our detoxification processes), and anti-inflammatory properties for additional support of liver health.
In Western herbal medicine, milk thistle is traditionally taken to protect the liver and support healthy gallbladder function by supporting the secretion of bile and promoting its flow from the liver and gallbladder. It’s also traditionally used in Western herbal medicine to assist in the digestion of fats in the diet, and to relieve symptoms of indigestion.
In Oriental Botanicals Livaclean, milk thistle is combined with herbs traditionally used to support various aspects of healthy liver function in Chinese medicine, as detailed below.
Schisandra and goji berry
Schisandra and goji berry are rich in antioxidants, which help reduce free radical formation in the body. Based on their traditional use in TCM, schisandra also supports the health of the liver, while goji berries strengthen it.
Bupleurum, citrus peel and baical skullcap
In TCM, a form of life force energy called Qi (pronounced ‘chee’) is believed to flow around the body, providing the capacity for many of our physical, mental and emotional functions.
From the perspective of TCM, one of the liver’s main responsibilities is to ensure that the flow of Qi is smooth and regular.
If the Qi becomes stagnant or congested rather than smooth and free flowing (as may occur from eating a fatty diet), an excess of heat may build up in the body, indigestion symptoms may occur, and the liver’s ability to perform its natural detoxification functions may be compromised.
Since the liver is also as the storehouse for the emotions in TCM, a stagnant liver may also lead to symptoms like irritability and premenstrual mood swings.
In TCM, the herbs bupleurum and citrus peel (also known as chen pi) are traditionally used regulate the flow of Qi and activate its movement when liver stagnation occurs. When liver stagnation is present in TCM, bupleurum is traditionally used to relieve the irritability and premenstrual mood swings that can occur.
Citrus peel is also traditionally taken to support the liver’s natural detoxification mechanisms in TCM. Baical skullcap is traditionally used in a similar way in TCM to support the liver’s detoxification processes when excess heat is present in the body.
Based on their traditional use in TCM, bupleurum and citrus peel also support bile secretion and flow, and citrus peel relieves excessive burping, and indigestion symptoms like nausea, abdominal bloating and loss of appetite.
Each tablet contains:
|Milk thistle (Silybum marianum) seed 50mg, min. dry equiv.||3.5g|
|Asian Dandelion (Taraxacum mongolicum) whole plant 100mg, dry equiv.||500mg|
|Bupleurum (Bupleurum falcatum) root 46.67mg, dry equiv.||700mg|
|Baical Skullcap (Scutellaria baicalensis) root 100mg, dry equiv.||500mg|
|Schisandra (Schisandra chinensis) fruit 100mg, dry equiv.||500mg|
|Goji Berry (Lycium barbarum) fruit 250mg, dry equiv.||1g|
|Citrus peel (Citrus reticulata) fruit peel 100mg, dry equiv.||500mg|
NO artificial colours, flavours or preservatives, yeast, wheat, gluten, nuts, dairy or animal products.
Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your pharmacist or healthcare practitioner.
Do not use during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist or if you are unsure if the medicine is right for you, talk to your health professional.
If you have any pre-existing conditions, are on any medications, always talk to your health professional before use. Some products should be ceased at least two weeks before any elective surgery, please confirm with your health professional.
Always read the label.
Follow the directions for use.