Oriental Botanicals – Kids’ Astragalus 8 Immune Shield 200ml
Shipping calculated at checkout
Includes astragalus to help stimulate a healthy immune response plus zinc to help reduce the frequency of children’s common colds.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare professional.
- Includes astragalus to help trigger a healthy immune response
- Plus zinc to help reduce how frequently children experience common colds and to provide additional support for immune system health
- Great tasting formula
- Easy for kids to take in water or juice
- Contains naturally-derived blackcurrant flavour
- Sweetened with stevia and contains no added sugar
- Suitable for children aged 2 and older
- Based on an ancient herbal combination called Jade Windscreen Formula, which is traditionally taken to help reduce the frequency of common colds in Chinese medicine
- Also contains fresh elderberry juice, equivalent to 568.5mg per 2.5mL
How it works
Children are more susceptible to colds than adults because they haven’t yet been exposed to or developed immunity to as many of the viruses that can cause the common cold1.
In fact, children can experience colds up to 10 times per year, while adults usually average only a few.1
This is a normal aspect of immune system development.
As your child’s immune system matures over the years and learns to recognise and respond to the wide variety of viruses that they encounter, you’ll probably find that they become less susceptible to colds and flu.
ZINC AND CHILDREN’S COLDS
Oriental Botanicals Kids’ Astragalus 8 Immune Shield contains zinc, which reduces the frequency of children’s common colds.
Zinc is an important nutrient for healthy immune system function, so it’s important that your child consumes it in appropriate amounts, for example in foods like eggs, meat, poultry, seafood, wholegrains and legumes.
The zinc in Kids’ Astragalus 8 Immune Shield supports children’s appetite if their intake of zinc from dietary sources is inadequate.
JADE WINDSCREEN FORMULA
Kids’ Astragalus 8 Immune Shield is based on a herbal combination called Jade Windscreen Formula, which is traditionally used to help reduce the occurrence of the common cold in Chinese medicine. When used by people who experience colds over and over again, it’s traditionally taken for several months at a time.
The three herbs in Jade Windscreen Formula are:
- Astragalus, which helps stimulate a healthy immune system response and supports the body when fending off illness. In Chinese medicine, astragalus is traditionally used to help reduce common cold frequency, as well as to relieve tiredness and support vitality
- Fang feng, which is traditionally used to help expel ‘wind-heat’ from the body
- White atractylodes, which is traditionally used to nourish the Spleen organ-meridian system in Chinese medicine, and consequently is often used to relieve loss of appetite in traditional Chinese medicine
1. HealthDirect. Colds and flu statistics. Published 2016 and accessed September 2019 from: https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/colds-and-flu-statistics
Each 2.5mL contains dry extracts:
|Astragalus (Astragalus membranaceus) root 54.3mg, min. dry equiv.
|White atractylodes (Atractylodes macrocephala) root 54.3mg, dry equiv.
|Fang feng (Saposhnikovia divaricata) root 54.3mg, dry equiv.
|Plus fresh juice:
|Elderberry (Sambucus nigra) fruit 47.38mg, fresh equiv.
|Zinc gluconate (Zinc gluconate) 5.7mg, equiv. to zinc
Contains purified water, DL-alpha tocopheryl acetate, citric acid, glycerol, xanthan gum, Stevia rebaudiana, potassium sorbate, maltodextrin and blackcurrant flavour (naturally derived).
If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional. Contains potassium sorbate. Store below 25°C. Do not use if cap seal is broken. Keep out of reach of children.
Children 2-5 years: Take 2.5-5mL, once or twice daily.
Children 6-9 years: Take 5-7.5mL, once or twice daily.
Children 10-12 years: Take 7.5-10mL, once or twice daily.
Serving suggestion: Mix each dose in 50mL of water or juice and consume immediately. Best taken with food.
Shake well before use.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, worsen or change unexpectedly, talk to your health professional.
Mineral supplements should not replace a balanced diet. Contains potassium sorbate.
If you have any pre-existing conditions, are on any medications, always talk to your health professional before use. Some products should be ceased at least two weeks before any elective surgery, please confirm with your health professional.